Garden of EDEN is proud to announce that we’re collaborating with Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) in helping the conservation of our Malayan Tapir, together. 😊
As a Malaysian homegrown company, we care about the environment and nature!
Sadly, there are estimated to be fewer than 1,500 Malayan tapirs in Peninsular Malaysia.
With every donation you make (RM10) with purchase of RM80 worth Garden of EDEN products,
you’ll receive our “Save Our Tapir” Eco Canvas Bag!
100% of these donations (RM10) will be given to Malaysian Nature Society, Malaysia.
TO DONATE, CLICK HERE.
Tapir Fun Facts:
- Estimated numbers of tapirs left in the world: only 3,000. The Malayan tapir is an Endangered Species.
- The Malayan Tapir is the largest of the four widely-recognized species of tapir and the only one native to Asia.
- Tapirs live an average of 30 years.
- Malayan tapirs grow to between 1.8 and 2.5 m in length, and stand 90 to 110 cm tall.
- The females are usually larger than the males.
- Baby tapirs don’t look anything like their grown-ups (Baby tapirs are covered in stripes
- Tapirs can walk underwater – they love the water! They can swim and dive well.
- They make a screeching sound (like car brakes screeching to a halt!)