Having acne or pimples is extremely common!
Very often, after acne has healed, it leaves behind acne marks or acne scars.
Is there a way to remove ACNE SCARS?
Here are 10 helpful tips for you to prevent and reduce acne scars!
1. Don’t pop your pimple! We know it can be tempting but popping pimples only makes it worse. If a pimple is still active and you pop it, it will create a ‘hole’ in the skin which leads to pitted scars and these will be even harder to recover from as scars are much deeper.
2. Allow pimple to heal and dry on its own. Cleanse skin with gentle cleanser. Tone. Apply Rosa T Acne Serum (1-2 small drops) to face.
3. Avoid touching your face with hands if you have acne. Hands are often loaded with bacteria and it gets transferred to face
4. We believe the skin has the ability to heal itself naturally. However, due to our age and genetics, different people have different rates of skin healing.
5. Focus on stimulating skin’s natural immunity from within to produce collagen and repair itself. This is the same as strengthening your skin’s barrier. It’s a process that takes a longer time but so much better returns/rewards in long run, compared to a quick-fix that may be harmful to skin or might strip the skin’s natural barrier.
6. Feed your skin – Inside and Out Matters!
Apart from applying topically onto the skin to boost scar repair, it’s super important to feed your body. Our body is made from cells that need nourishment to do the work it needs.
Examples of Power Foods for Boosting Skin Recovery:
Eat foods rich in VITAMIN A, B, C
- Dark Leafy Greens
Eat foods rich in PROTEIN & ZINC
ZINC helps in synthesis of protein and helps build collagen for scar repair
7. Avoid SUGAR!
Sugar breaks down collagen and affects skin’s elasticity
8. Avoid NITRATES in Food – like processed food, sausages, bacon, hotdogs etc.
Nitrate is used as preservative (pengawet) in foods.
9. Scrub your face 2 times a week.
This helps to remove dead skin cells on surface layer of skin. Everyday, the skin sheds hundreds of cells that you can’t see. Scrubbing allows fresh skin from underneath to reveal itself and makes your skin glow. We love using our Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub – it’s made from natural rice beads (no plastic microbeads so it does not clog the ocean and harm the marine life.
Just to share – microbeads are tiny round plastic beads that look like fish food. So when we use face scrubs that have plastic microbeads in them, it lands up in the ocean and fish will eat it because it looks like fish food. The EU has banned using plastic microbeads in facial scrubs.
10. Apply Natural Vitamin E!
The skin has an amazing ability to heal itself but the effect is accelerated when it gets external help. We’re returning back to basics (using Natural Vitamin E) to heal scars. We love using our all-natural plant-based serum NATUR E Scar Serum to help with scar healing. The sooner you apply onto scars (NOT on active acne!), the quicker you see results. Try not to wait too long before you start applying on acne scars. Once your active acne has healed and dried, you can apply Natur E (1 small drop on scar area) onto cleansed and toned skin.
Natur E Scar Serum can be applied to facial or body scars, and any type of scars including burns, accident scars, insect bite scars, surgical scars, and even cracked heels and lips!
Natural Vitamin E (Also known as D-Alpha Tocopherol):
- 3X MORE effective than Synthetic Vitamin E
- Skin-Friendly & Better Skin Compatibility
- 100% Natural
- Retains in the Skin Longer
- Better Skin Absorption
While skincare products are one thing, your lifestyle is an ever important factor that will help improve your skin, too.
Get regular exercise, eat plenty of fruits & vegetables, drink enough water and get at least 8 hours of sleep everyday!
Easier said than done, but let’s start creating good habits to make a positive change to our health and skin – and that day begins today!